GEENEE INC. SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
Last updated [January 6, 2022]
This Software License Agreement (this “Agreement“), effective as of [DATE] (the “Effective Date“), is by and between [LICENSOR NAME], a [STATE OF ORGANIZATION] [ENTITY TYPE] with offices located at [ADDRESS] (“Licensor“) and [LICENSEE NAME], a [STATE OF ORGANIZATION] [ENTITY TYPE] with offices located at [ADDRESS] (“Licensee“). Licensor and Licensee may be referred to herein collectively as the “Parties” or individually as a “Party.”
[WHEREAS, Licensor desires to license the Software described in Exhibit A attached hereto to Licensee; and
WHEREAS, Licensee desires to obtain a license to use the Software for its internal business purposes, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants, terms, and conditions set forth herein, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged,] [T/t]he Parties agree as follows:
- [“Authorized User” means an employee or contractor of Licensee who Licensee permits to access and use the Software and/or Documentation pursuant to Licensee’s license hereunder.]
- “Documentation” means Licensor’s [user manuals, handbooks, and installation guides relating to the Software provided by Licensor to Licensee either electronically or in hard copy form/end user documentation relating to the Software available at [URL]].
- “Software” means the product described in Exhibit A in object code format, including any Updates provided to Licensee pursuant to this Agreement.
- [“Third-Party Products” means any third-party products described in Exhibit A provided with or incorporated into the Software, including any open source software available under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL), GNU General Public License (GPL), GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), Mozilla Public License (MPL), Apache License, BSD licenses, or any other license that is approved by the Open Source Initiative.]
- “Updates” means any updates, bug fixes, patches, or other error corrections to the Software that Licensor generally makes available free of charge to all licensees of the Software.
- License Grant. Subject to [and conditioned on Licensee’s payment of Fees and compliance with all other/the] terms and conditions of this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants Licensee a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable (except in compliance with Section 12(g)) license during the Term to: (i) use the Software solely for Licensee’s internal business purposes [up to the number of Authorized Users set forth in Exhibit A]; and (ii) use and make a reasonable number of copies of the Documentation solely for Licensee’s internal business purposes in connection with Licensee’s use of the Software. [The total number of Authorized Users will not exceed the number set forth in Exhibit A, except as expressly agreed to in writing by the Parties and subject to any appropriate adjustment of the license fees payable hereunder.] [Licensee may make one copy of the Software solely for back-up, disaster recovery, and testing purposes. Any such copy of the Software: (x) remains Licensor’s exclusive property; (y) is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (z) must include all copyright or other proprietary rights notices contained in the original.]
- Use Restrictions. Licensee shall not use the Software or Documentation for any purposes beyond the scope of the license granted in this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing and except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, Licensee shall not at any time, directly or indirectly: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Software or the Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Software or the Documentation; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Software or the Documentation; or (v) use the Software in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law.
- Reservation of Rights. Licensor reserves all rights not expressly granted to Licensee in this Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to Licensee or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Software.
- Delivery. Licensor shall deliver the Software electronically, on tangible media, or by other means [, in Licensor’s sole discretion,] to Licensee within [NUMBER] days following the Effective Date. [Risk of loss of any tangible media on which the Software is delivered will pass to Licensee on delivery to carrier.]
- Licensee Responsibilities.
- General. Licensee is responsible and liable for all uses of the Software and Documentation resulting from access provided by Licensee, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement. [Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Licensee is responsible for all acts and omissions of Authorized Users, and any act or omission by an Authorized User that would constitute a breach of this Agreement if taken by Licensee will be deemed a breach of this Agreement by Licensee. Licensee shall take reasonable efforts to make all Authorized Users aware of this Agreement’s provisions as applicable to such Authorized User’s use of the Software, and shall cause Authorized Users to comply with such provisions.]
- [Third-Party Products. Licensor may distribute certain Third-Party Products with the Software. For purposes of this Agreement, such Third-Party Products are subject to their own license terms and the applicable flow through provisions referred to in Exhibit A. If Licensee does not agree to abide by the applicable terms for such Third-Party Product, then Licensee should not install or use such Third-Party Products. [The Software also contains certain open source software identified on Exhibit A. Licensee understands and acknowledges that such open source software is not licensed to Licensee pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement and that this Agreement may not be construed to grant any such right and/or license. Licensee shall have only such rights and/or licenses, if any, to use the open source software as set forth in the licenses referenced in Exhibit A.]]
- Support. [This Agreement does not entitle Licensee to any support for the Software.
Licensor shall provide Licensee with the support services described [on Exhibit A/from time to time on Licensor’s website located at [LICENSOR’S WEBSITE ADDRESS]] for [one year/[OTHER SUPPORT PERIOD]] following the Effective Date and thereafter, solely if Licensee purchases additional support services.]
- Fees and Payment.
- Fees. Licensee shall pay Licensor the fees (“Fees“) set forth in Exhibit A without offset or deduction. Licensee shall make all payments hereunder in US dollars on or before the due date set forth in Exhibit A. If Licensee fails to make any payment when due, in addition to all other remedies that may be available: (i) Licensor may charge interest on the past due amount at the rate of [1.5% per month/[OTHER INTEREST RATE]] calculated daily and compounded monthly or, if lower, the highest rate permitted under applicable law; [and] (ii) Licensee shall reimburse Licensor for all [reasonable] costs incurred by Licensor in collecting any late payments or interest, including attorneys’ fees, court costs, and collection agency fees[; and (iii) if such failure continues for [NUMBER] days following written notice thereof, Licensor may [prohibit access to the Software/[OTHER RESTRICTION]] until all past due amounts [and interest thereon] have been paid, without incurring any obligation or liability to Licensee or any other person by reason of such [prohibition of access to the Software/[OTHER RESTRICTION]]].
- Taxes. All Fees and other amounts payable by Licensee under this Agreement are exclusive of taxes and similar assessments. Licensee is responsible for all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental or regulatory authority on any amounts payable by Licensee hereunder, other than any taxes imposed on Licensor’s income.
- Auditing Rights and Required Records. Licensee agrees to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles during the Term and for a period of [two/[OTHER NUMBER]] years after the termination or expiration of this Agreement with respect to matters necessary for accurately determining amounts due hereunder. Licensor may, at its own expense, on reasonable prior notice, periodically inspect and audit Licensee’s records with respect to matters covered by this Agreement, provided that if such inspection and audit reveals that Licensee has underpaid Licensor with respect to any amounts due and payable during the Term, Licensee shall promptly pay the amounts necessary to rectify such underpayment, together with interest in accordance with Section 5(a). Licensee shall pay for the costs of the audit if the audit determines that Licensee’s underpayment equals or exceeds [NUMBER]% for any quarter. Such inspection and auditing rights will extend throughout the Term of this Agreement and continue for a period of [two/[OTHER NUMBER]] years after the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Confidential Information. From time to time during the Term, either Party may disclose or make available to the other Party information about its business affairs, products, confidential intellectual property, trade secrets, third-party confidential information, and other sensitive or proprietary information[, whether orally or in written, electronic, or other form or media/in written or electronic form or media], [ that is/ and whether or not] marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” (collectively, “Confidential Information“). Confidential Information does not include information that, at the time of disclosure is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the receiving Party at the time of disclosure; (c) rightfully obtained by the receiving Party on a non-confidential basis from a third party; or (d) independently developed by the receiving Party. The receiving Party shall not disclose the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the receiving Party’s employees who have a need to know the Confidential Information for the receiving Party to exercise its rights or perform its obligations hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each Party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required (i) in order to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable law, provided that the Party making the disclosure pursuant to the order shall first have given written notice to the other Party and made a reasonable effort to obtain a protective order; or (ii) to establish a Party’s rights under this Agreement, including to make required court filings. On the expiration or termination of the Agreement, the receiving Party shall promptly return to the disclosing Party all copies, whether in written, electronic, or other form or media, of the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, or destroy all such copies and certify in writing to the disclosing Party that such Confidential Information has been destroyed. Each Party’s obligations of non-disclosure with regard to Confidential Information are effective as of the Effective Date and will expire five years from the date first disclosed to the receiving Party; provided, however, with respect to any Confidential Information that constitutes a trade secret (as determined under applicable law), such obligations of non-disclosure will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for as long as such Confidential Information remains subject to trade secret protection under applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Ownership[; Feedback].
- Licensee acknowledges that, as between Licensee and Licensor, Licensor owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Software and Documentation [and, with respect to Third-Party Products, the applicable third-party licensors own all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Third-Party Products].
- [Feedback. If Licensee or any of its employees or contractors sends or transmits any communications or materials to Licensor by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Software or Documentation, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (“Feedback“), Licensor is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the Parties governing such Feedback. [Licensee hereby assigns to Licensor on Licensee’s behalf, and on behalf of its employees, contractors and/or agents, all right, title, and interest in, and Licensor is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although Licensor is not required to use any Feedback.]]
- [Limited Warranties and] Warranty Disclaimer.
- [Licensor warrants that: (i) the Software will perform materially as described in [the specifications available at [URL LOCATION]/the Documentation] for a period of [NUMBER] [days/years] following the Effective Date; and (ii) at the time of delivery the Software does not contain any virus or other malicious code [that would cause the Software to become inoperable or incapable of being used in accordance with the Documentation]. [THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY, AND LICENSOR STRICTLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS.]
- The warranties set forth in Section 8(a) do not apply and become null and void if Licensee breaches any [material] provision of this Agreement, or if Licensee [, any Authorized User,] or any [other] person provided access to the Software by Licensee [or any Authorized User,] whether or not in violation of this Agreement: (i) installs or uses the Software on or in connection with any hardware or software not specified in the Documentation [or expressly authorized by Licensor in writing]; (ii) modifies or damages the Software; or (iii) misuses the Software, including any use of the Software other than as specified in the Documentation [or expressly authorized by Licensor in writing].
- If, during the period specified in Section 8(a), any Software fails to comply with the warranty in Section 8(a), and such failure is not excluded from warranty pursuant to Section 8(b), Licensor shall, subject to Licensee’s promptly notifying Licensor in writing of such failure, at its sole option, either: (i) repair or replace the Software, provided that Licensee provides Licensor with all information Licensor [reasonably] requests to resolve the reported failure, including sufficient information to enable the Licensor to recreate such failure; or (ii) refund the Fees paid for such Software, subject to Licensee’s ceasing all use of and, if requested by Licensor, returning to Licensor all copies of the Software. If Licensor repairs or replaces the Software, the warranty will continue to run from the Effective Date and not from Licensee’s receipt of the repair or replacement. The remedies set forth in this Section 8(c) are Licensee’s sole remedies and Licensor’s sole liability under the limited warranty set forth in Section 8(a).]
- [EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 8(a), ]THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. LICENSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. [EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 8(a), ]LICENSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET LICENSEE’S OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR FREE.
- Licensor Indemnification.
- Licensor shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Licensee from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, and costs (including [reasonable] attorneys’ fees) (“Losses“) incurred by Licensee resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (“Third-Party Claim“) that the Software or Documentation, or any use of the Software or Documentation in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s [US intellectual property rights/US patents, copyrights, or trade secrets], provided that Licensee promptly notifies Licensor in writing of the claim, cooperates with Licensor, and allows Licensor sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such claim.
- If such a claim is made or appears possible, Licensee agrees to permit Licensor, at Licensor’s sole discretion, to (A) modify or replace the Software or Documentation, or component or part thereof, to make it non-infringing, or (B) obtain the right for Licensee to continue use. If Licensor determines that none of these alternatives is reasonably available, Licensor may terminate this Agreement, in its entirety or with respect to the affected component or part, effective immediately on written notice to Licensee.
- This Section 9(a) will not apply to the extent that the alleged infringement arises from: (A) use of the Software in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by Licensor or authorized by Licensor in writing; (B) modifications to the Software not made by Licensor; [or] (C) use of any version other than the most current version of the Software or Documentation delivered to Licensee[; or (D) Third-Party Products].
- Licensee Indemnification. Licensee shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at Licensor’s option, defend Licensor from and against any Losses resulting from any Third-Party Claim based on Licensee’s[, or any Authorized User’s]: (i) negligence or willful misconduct; [or] (ii) use of the Software or Documentation in a manner not authorized or contemplated by this Agreement[; (iii) use of the Software in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment or technology not provided by Licensor or authorized by Licensor in writing; (iv) modifications to the Software not made by Licensor; [or] (v) use of any version other than the most current version of the Software or Documentation delivered to Licensee], provided that Licensee may not settle any Third-Party Claim against Licensor unless such settlement completely and forever releases Licensor from all liability with respect to such Third-Party Claim or unless Licensor consents to such settlement, and further provided that Licensor will have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such Third-Party Claim or to participate in the defense thereof by counsel of its own choice.
- Sole Remedy. THIS SECTION 9 SETS FORTH LICENSEE’S SOLE REMEDIES AND LICENSOR’S SOLE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION FOR ANY ACTUAL, THREATENED, OR ALLEGED CLAIMS THAT THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION INFRINGES, MISAPPROPRIATES, OR OTHERWISE VIOLATES ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. [IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS SECTION 9 EXCEED $[AMOUNT].]
- Licensor Indemnification.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER LICENSOR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE EXCEED [NUMBER] TIMES THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID [AND AMOUNTS ACCRUED BUT NOT YET PAID] TO LICENSOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE [NUMBER] [YEAR/MONTH] PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $[AMOUNT], WHICHEVER IS LESS.
- Term and Termination.
- Term. The [initial] term of this Agreement begins on the Effective Date and, unless terminated earlier pursuant to any of the Agreement’s express provisions, will continue in effect until [NUMBER] year[s] from such date (the “[Initial] Term“). [This Agreement will automatically renew for up to [NUMBER] additional successive [NUMBER] year term[s] unless earlier terminated pursuant to this Agreement’s express provisions or either Party gives the other Party written notice of non-renewal at least [NUMBER] days prior to the expiration of the then-current term (each a “Renewal Term” and together with the Initial Term, the “Term“).]
- Termination. In addition to any other express termination right set forth in this Agreement:
- Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to Licensee, if Licensee[: (A) fails to pay any amount when due hereunder, and such failure continues more than [NUMBER] days after Licensor’s delivery of written notice thereof; or (B)] breaches any of its obligations under Section 2(b) or Section 6;
- either Party may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to the other Party, if the other Party [materially] breaches this Agreement, and such breach: (A) is incapable of cure; or (B) being capable of cure, remains uncured [30/[NUMBER]] days after the non-breaching Party provides the breaching Party with written notice of such breach; or
- either Party may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately upon written notice to the other Party, if the other Party: (A) becomes insolvent or is generally unable to pay, or fails to pay, its debts as they become due; (B) files or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or otherwise becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law; (C) makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (D) applies for or has appointed a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business.
- Effect of Expiration or Termination. Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, the license granted hereunder will also terminate, and, without limiting Licensee’s obligations under Section 6, Licensee shall cease using and delete, destroy, or return all copies of the Software and Documentation and certify in writing to the Licensor that the Software and Documentation has been deleted or destroyed. No expiration or termination will affect Licensee’s obligation to pay all Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle Licensee to any refund.
- Survival. This Section 11(d) and Sections 1, 5, 6, 7, 8(d), 9, 10, and 12 survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement. No other provisions of this Agreement survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any other documents incorporated herein by reference and all related Exhibits, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, and representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. In the event of any inconsistency between the statements made in the body of this Agreement, the related Exhibits, and any other documents incorporated herein by reference, the following order of precedence governs: (a) first, this Agreement, excluding its Exhibits; (b) second, the Exhibits to this Agreement as of the Effective Date; and (c) third, any other documents incorporated herein by reference.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice“) must be in writing and addressed to the Parties at the addresses set forth on the first page of this Agreement (or to such other address that may be designated by the Party giving Notice from time to time in accordance with this Section). All Notices must be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile[, or email] (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage pre-paid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only: (i) upon receipt by the receiving Party, and (ii) if the Party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
- Force Majeure. In no event shall [Licensor/either Party] be liable to [Licensee/the other Party], or be deemed to have breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under this Agreement[, (except for any obligations to make payments)], if and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond [Licensor’s/such Party’s] reasonable control, including but not limited to: (i) acts of God; (ii) flood, fire, earthquake, [OTHER POTENTIAL DISASTER(S) OR CATASTROPHE(S), SUCH AS EPIDEMICS,] or explosion; (iii) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (iv) government order, law, or actions; (v) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; [and] (vi) national or regional emergency[; [and]] [(vii) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances[; [and]] [(viii) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities]].
- Amendment and Modification; Waiver. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each Party. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions hereof will be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, (i) no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement will operate or be construed as a waiver thereof and (ii) no single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder will preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the Parties hereto shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the Parties as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
- Governing Law; Submission to Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of [STATE] without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of [STATE]. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of [or related to] this Agreement or the licenses granted hereunder [will/may] be instituted [exclusively] in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of [STATE] in each case located in the city of [CITY] and County of [COUNTY], and each Party irrevocably submits to the [exclusive] jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Assignment. Licensee may not assign or transfer any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations hereunder, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Licensor[, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed]. Any purported assignment, transfer, or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment, transfer, or delegation will relieve the assigning or delegating Party of any of its obligations hereunder. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the Parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- Export Regulation. The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software to, or make the Software accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. Licensee shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.
- [US Government Rights. Each of the Documentation and the Software is a “commercial item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. § 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. § 12.212. Accordingly, if Licensee is an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, Licensee only receives those rights with respect to the Software and Documentation as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. § 227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. § 227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. § 12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.]
- Equitable Relief. Each Party acknowledges and agrees that a breach or threatened breach by such Party of any of its obligations under Section 6 or, in the case of Licensee, Section 2(b), would cause the other Party irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agrees that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, the other Party will be entitled to equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance, and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity, or otherwise.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which is deemed an original, but all of which together are deemed to be one and the same agreement.